Tuesday 2/4/25 - If you had to write a poem about your life RIGHT NOW, what would it be about? Explain your answer in at least 4 to 5 sentences.

 If I had to write a poem about my life right now, it would be about managing the everyday tasks of life and the little things that make a big impact. To me, it feels like everything in life is a balancing act, and you can't put too much weight on one side every, or the other side will come tumbling down. I feel like I could metaphorically represent this in a poem. Also, in my poem I would include details about appreciating the smaller things I often overlook and take for granted, such as friends, family, nature, education, etc.


Summary: Today we took notes in class about how to write a good thesis statement for an essay. We also utilized the umbrella method to construct a thesis statement.

Reflection: I learned that a thesis statement must be defensible in an argument, and cannot just be a factual statement. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocab Quiz & Finishing Story Map Presentations - Friday 9-6-2024

Presenting StoryMap Project Wednesday 9-4-2024

Monday 2/10/25 - What life skills have you learned in high school that will help you live independently after high school? Which skills do you think are essential for your success after high school?